Monday 17 March 2008

New Camera

I made the switch from Olympus to Canon. I have always had Olympus cameras, so when it came to updating to a dSLR, choosing the Olympus E-500 seemed a natural choice.

I really do love the camera, but have found the choice of lenses to be inhibiting. Also the cost of the lenses are extremely high. I have been thinking for a little while now about making the jump, and a couple of pieces fell into place this last week.

Firstly, the price. Canon, have just brought out a new model, the 450d. This meant the 400d, which I had my eye on, came down in price. The only real difference I could see between the two cameras was the number of mega pixels. I think the 10mp on the older version is more than adequate for my needs.

Secondly, and not a sensible reason, I got offered a full-time contract at the Royal Marsden, and thought I should treat myself to a new toy!!

Here is the first picture taken with my new camera:

No comments: