Monday 24 March 2008

Easter Monday

This is one of the first times I think I have experienced all four seasons in one day. The plan was to meet Anna and go for a day out with our cameras.

I met Anna during a snow shower, and we decided that we should still keep to our plan. The plan was to head for London's South Bank, and walk along the Thames, starting at London Bridge, and finishing at Westminster. There were plenty of opportunities to stop for refreshments and to shelter from the changeable weather.

My favourite stop was at "The Gourmet Pizza Company". The atmosphere at this restaurant was very relaxed, and the pizza was one of the best I've ever had. I had an Italian Sausage one, and every mouthful had a different taste combination. It's making me hungry thinking about it now!

Despite the weather, I managed to capture some good shots, and this is my favourite of the day:


The reason, why I was so pleased with this picture, was because it's the first time I think I have been brave enough to attempt a form of street photography.

I'm not too sure how often the book market is open, but it fun browsing here. We spent a good 10 minutes or so looking at a children's "Learn German" book. I was so tempted to buy it.

No comments: